Join Our Team
We have an exciting new opportunity to join the Carrie Elizabeth team!
We are looking for a skilled Web Developer, experienced in Shopify with a passion for ecommerce and a customer focused mentality.
This is a remote role, meaning that you can work from home. No commuting needed!
Negotiable based on experience
Part- time 2/3 days per week
Pension, staff discount, bonus scheme, flexible working hours, working from home
- Maintaining our current Shopify website & app, fixing errors and improving the code
- Creating new visually appealing web pages and sections alongside design team.
- Investigating and troubleshooting problems.
- Maintaining/installing apps and integrations.
- Testing cross-browser, cross-platform, and cross-device compatibility.
- Testing for compliance to specified standards such as accessibility.
- Creating and maintaining flows within Klaviyo.
- Working closely with our design team to seamlessly integrate app functionalities and design elements.
- Optimizing and integrating third-party plugins and applications within the Shopify ecosystem.
- Providing technical support and troubleshooting for existing Shopify apps and themes.
Required skills and experience:
- 3+ years’ experience with Shopify setting up stores and ongoing maintenance, including app customization, API integration, and working with Shopify's Liquid templating language.
- Strong expertise in Shopify theme development, including customization, responsive design, and performance optimization.
- Have extensive testing and debugging abilities using the browser console and other tools.
- Experienced and knowledgeable with SEO, site performance monitoring and tuning, accessibility and ensuring website operates across cross browser/devices.
- Keeping up with the latest trends and best practices in Shopify development.
- Strong process improvement skills to help develop the role as things change within the business.
- A keen interest in eCommerce.
- Customer focused mentality.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and reactive environment.
- Effective communication and collaboration abilities.
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize several projects at once.
- Self-starter, flexible with a positive “can do” attitude.
* Please be aware that you may be required to travel into London for ad hoc meetings and so living within a commutable distance is preferred
To apply for the role, please email a covering letter, CV & portfolio of previous work with the subject "Web Developer” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is 7th July
Please note that due to a high level of interest, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Please do not contact Carrie directly about this position. Any applications not received via email@example.com will not be considered.